Monday, October 16, 2006

Interesting Story

OK...Here is one for the books. A few weeks ago we were invited over to a church members house for some coffee and tea. They wanted us to come at 7pm which is about when we start getting the kids ready for bed so I was not excited about that, but we couldn't really do anything to change it. (Don't ask why!) We only planned to stay about an hour and a half at the latest. Anyway, we had to take a taxi because our car was broken AGAIN! People usually get dressed up for these kinds of visits so we did. When we pulled up the man was outside working on his car with his son in dirty jeans and a sweatshirt. We felt overdressed! Especially when we go inside and the woman is in a sweatsuit type outfit as well. So we are having kawa i herbata (coffee and tea) and enjoying the time when all of the sudden the woman feels something on her side and proceeds to the bathroom. At one point all 3 of them (man, wife, and son) are in the tiny bathroom all doing something that we are beginning to wonder about. The man came out and was holding a bottle of what I think was cologne and he asked me to come in where they were! I'm like...Co? (What?) The woman pokes her head out and motions me to come in there so I give Bryan a look and then get up and go into the already crowded bathroom. The woman shows me on the side of her abdomen that there is a tick! They want ME to pull it out! I couldn't believe it. I did get it out though and afterwards the woman gave me a great big hug and kiss on the cheek. Well, to top off the evening we ended up staying way later than we wanted (didn't get home until about 10pm). It was a very interesting evening to say the least but they are really nice people and we greatly enjoyed getting to know them better.

No comments: